Our other sites

More News breakingnews_rss

Page: 1 ·2 ·3 ·4 ·5 ·6 ·7 ·8 ·9 ·10   Next

19 December 2014

Chemicals giant BASF and Russia’s Gazprom have announced that they will not complete the asset swap, which was scheduled for the end of the year.  19 December 2014

Thailand’s SCG Chemicals has announced it has acquired 51% of the shares in the independent petrochemical institute Norner Holding from the current Norwegian owners, private equity fund E&M. The company states that the remaining 49% of the shares will be acquired by September 2015. The price of the acquisition was not disclosed.
19 December 2014

Germany's Röchling group has expanded its presence in the high-performance plastics market by acquiring Derbyshire, UK-based Fibracon Twin and Hertfordshire, UK-based Insoll Components. 19 December 2014

Australian-based global packaging company Amcor is buying a Chinese flexible packaging business for CNY 211m (€27.6m). 19 December 2014

Sabic Innovative Plastics has been increasing production capacity for its Ultem polyetherimide but it still got caught short by increasing demand for the high-performance polymer. 19 December 2014

18 December 2014

BASF has announced that it has reached an agreement for it to sell its share in the 50-50 joint venture ELLBA Eastern, Jurong Island, Singapore to its partner Shell. 18 December 2014

Sweden-based Indutrade has announced that it has acquired all shares in Belgium’s Verbeeck Packaging Group. 18 December 2014

German domestic appliances maker Bosch und Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH (BSH) has unveiled plans to boost its output capacity by 80% and take on 500 new workers at three of its Poland-based production facilities, reports local news agency PAP.  18 December 2014

European trade body PlasticsEurope has welcomed the European Commission’s (EC) decision to scrap its Circular Economy Package. 18 December 2014

Indian auto components group Samvardhana Motherson announced it is buying the assets of insolvent German plastics car parts producer Scherer & Trier (S & T). The €36m acquisition will further consolidate “the polymer business of Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd. (MSSL) in Europe and North America”, it said.  18 December 2014

Bayer MaterialScience (BMS) has started its new polycarbonate sheet production plant at its Guangzhou, China, site. 18 December 2014

17 December 2014

Petrochemicals company Total has announced that it has completed its new development in polypropylene (PP) and is now able to offer a complete range of polymers using non-phthalate catalysts.
 
17 December 2014

The European Commission has withdrawn its Circular Economy initiative from its 2015 work programme, which it will “replace by a new, more ambitious proposal by end 2015”. The Commission revealed the Circular Economy package, which was launched in July, was one of 80 proposals it has axed from its 2015 programme, with its work plans now focused on 23 initiatives. 17 December 2014

An expanding Spanish group, manufacturing agricultural films plans to invest €15m to upgrade and modernise its operations at two plants in Andalusia, southern Spain. 17 December 2014

Chrysler is Chrysler no more. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, the Netherlands-based parent company of what was Chrysler Group, said today that it has changed the name of its US affiliate from Chrysler Group to FCA US.  17 December 2014

Page: 1 ·2 ·3 ·4 ·5 ·6 ·7 ·8 ·9 ·10   Next  Top

MOST POPULAR STORIES
MOST E-MAILED STORIES
Site Index [ + ]
Site Index [ - ]
Home:  europeanplasticsnews.com | Contact editorial | Contact advertising | Features List 2014 | About us
Industry:  Resin Prices | Historical Prices | Companies | Market data | Regulation | On The Move
Technology:  Materials | Machinery | Processing
End Markets:  Automotive | Packaging | Construction | Medical | Electrical/Electronic
Processes:  Injection moulding | Blow moulding | Extrusion | Thermoforming
Design:  Design Landmark | Product Development | Moulds & Dies | Resin Selector
Environment:  Recycling | Sustainability | Bioplastics
Opinion:  Comment | Blog
Classifieds:  Classifieds
View:  Mobile | Desktop
Our Events:  Upcoming Conferences | Conference reports | PDM | Product Design + Innovation | Plastics Industry Awards
Diary: Diary
Advertise with EPN
Subscribe:  EPN print
Reprints:  Reprints
List Rental:  List Rental
Crain Communications:  Crain Communications | Crain Publications

Entire contents copyright 2014 by Crain Communications Inc.
All rights reserved Terms and Conditions  Privacy Policy
European Plastics News Business Directory
European Plastics News and EuropeanPlasticsNews.com are published by Crain Communications Ltd (registered in England & Wales No. 01576350).
Registered Office: 100 New Bridge Street, London, EC4V 6JA, United Kingdom.